Title: Tour Narrator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Pay: D.O.E. plus tips
Position: Seasonal May through September
Hours: Average 35-40 hours per week
Narrate 90 minute tour through the city of Ketchikan and also Tongass Narrows. While on the water, you are filling the role of deckhand aboard a Coast Guard inspected marine vessel.
As a tour narrator your main objectives are to be informative, pleasant and upbeat as you guide your passengers through the city of Ketchikan and Tongass Narrows. Be as informative as you can about our surrounding area and to aide passengers with anything they may need. Your deckhand responsibilities are to assist with any and all emergencies including but not limited to “Man- Overboard”, First Aid and CPR. Other duties include –but are not limited to- giving the safety speech at the onset of each tour, informing passengers of the merchandise sold onboard, answering questions, helping passengers onto and off of the DUCK and aiding the captain with anything needed.
- Ability to provide accurate passenger counts and maintain precise ticket counts.
- Keep open communication with general manager and assist with the departure of the DUCK.
- A broad knowledge of Ketchikan and area; also the State of Alaska as a whole.
- Convey a sense of professionalism in both demeanor and appearance.
- Speak clearly and accurately through microphone.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time with ability to balance in moving vehicle both on land and in water.
Must be 18 years or older & must have a current CPR/First Aid Certification. Must pass a drug test before employment and at random throughout entire season.