Reports to: Operations Manager
Pay: $4,000.00 per month plus tips
Position: Full-time seasonal May through September
Hours: Average 50 hours per week
Navigate DUCK boat through the city streets of Ketchikan and also Tongass Narrows while conducting 90 minute tours.
As a captain your main objectives are to complete a vehicle inspection of the DUCK every morning before bringing it to the dock, oversee the safety of your passengers and narrator, and to navigate the roads and narrows of Ketchikan during your assigned tours within the allotted time frame. Be informative, pleasant and upbeat as you interact with your passengers. Other duties include –but are not limited to- giving the safety speech at the onset of each tour, informing passengers of the merchandise sold onboard, answering questions, helping passengers onto and off of the DUCK and making sure that the DUCK is attended at all times.
- Complete vehicle inspection every morning and proactive maintenance every evening.
- Safely navigate city streets and waterway of the Tongass Narrows.
- Provide accurate passenger counts and maintain precise ticket counts.
- Keep open radio communication with general manager and assist with the departure of the DUCK.
- Convey a sense of professionalism in both demeanor and appearance.
Minimum of a 25 ton Masters license and a CDL w/Passenger Endorsement, TWIC Card, CPR/First Aid Certification, Medical Examiner's certificate, Marine Radio Operators Permit, & provide a copy of a current DMV Record. Must be able to assist in safety drills and vehicle inspections. Must pass a drug test before employment and at random throughout entire season.